Singapore Junk

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Singapore Junk

Post by Tas » 2nd May, '11, 09:16

If you have a junk list that you add spammers to so they receive bundles of trash, I don't personally have a list to add stuff to, but this Singapore based soul has p'd me off as he's scavenged this from somewhere related.

Please confirm receipt
Laine, Rebecca Laine, RebeccaRLaine@longwood.edu
Send email
Find email
16th April, 2011.
Singapore.
I am Tan Seng Chew. I am an employee of one of the top financial institutions here in Singapore. I want to use this opportunity to Offer you a business undertaking with a very high monetary gain and value, mutually beneficial to both parties if you are interested. Your immediate response will be appreciated, via my email: tanmailbox1@tansengchew.com
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: Singapore Junk

Post by Kooky » 8th May, '11, 17:01

I've been getting a lot of stuff recently from somebody in Singapore that I know personally, who had my email address on the mailing list of a previous business in which he was a partner. He seems to think it's OK to send me non-personalised emails (i.e., spam) advertising all his mates' businesses.

It's not. I've marked his email address as spam and, if I get one more, he will be getting a stern word or two and perhaps I won't be so discreet.

What are the spam laws in Singapore? I still receive quite a few emails from businesses there, that don't have Unsubscribe facilities on their spam. I've emailed them all asking politely to be taken off the database, and still I get them. (Yes, One Rochester, I'm talking about YOU. How many more times do I have to email you back?)

I send emails for a living and I know we would get in big trouble if we did likewise in Oz.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 9th May, '11, 09:13

Singapore follows the CAN SPAM regulations. Every email should have an unsubcribe link. If they don't then they can be fined I believe.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 9th May, '11, 11:05

I get spam sms's: as much as I can "unsub" to them, I get another one. It clearly states <ADV> so someone somewhere has figured them out. I wonder if Singtel are selling my phone number?
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal