Cold Call Nightmare

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Cold Call Nightmare

Post by Spike » 9th Apr, '08, 17:56

Speaking of language, I had a surreal cold call today from some young fella speaking fluent, rapid fire Singlish combined with a very strong Singaporean accent, i.e. use of guteral stop in middle of words, leaving endings off words, plus a whole selection of lors, lahs and hors. I had no idea what he was talking about but could just about discern some English words in his patter. So I stopped him and said, "Sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to sell me. I don't speak Singlish and you'll need to just slow down so I can understand. I think you're talking about a voucher for some timeshare presentation?" With that, he continued at the same pace and was completely incomprehensible. After a few seconds I just said, "Sorry I have not idea what you're talking about" and hung up".

So how dumb can a call centre be to hire a outbound calling agent to make calls in English who doesn't speak anything resembling English. :roll:
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Re: Cold Call Nightmare

Post by Lichtgestalt » 9th Apr, '08, 19:10

A whistle would sort it out in case it happens again... or some raunchy talk