Falling down.

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Falling down.

Post by baloo » 22nd Sep, '11, 16:42

First Starhub screw me over 2 twice and I end up spending 3 hours and hopping between Vivo City and Ion to get a phone swapped. Mind you all the legwork had been done on the phone and all I was meant to do was turn up and swap.

Then the service centre at Miele look at the hose, take it away, come back and tell me it needs to be shipped from Japan. A call later on then tells me I can go back to the store because they have one sitting there under the counter.

Finally Ikea who were going to deliver at 2pm call and tell me they will arrive at 6:30. It's about a 2-3 hour assembly job. Kids bedroom furniture so it's not going to start at 6:30. I informed them if they arrive later than 5pm I will not accept the delivery and they can return tomorrow. Poor lady tried to tell me I couldn't refuse the delivery.

All I need is one more little annoyance and I reckon I'll morph into Michael Douglas.

So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Re: Falling down.

Post by Lichtgestalt » 22nd Sep, '11, 16:51

baloo wrote: All I need is one more little annoyance and I reckon I'll morph into Michael Douglas.
Go on... you know you can do it ;)

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 22nd Sep, '11, 17:08

but where are you going to find a LAW?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 22nd Sep, '11, 22:19

Singapore baby!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 23rd Sep, '11, 10:30

baloo wrote:First Starhub screw me over 2 twice and I end up spending 3 hours and hopping between Vivo City and Ion to get a phone swapped. Mind you all the legwork had been done on the phone and all I was meant to do was turn up and swap.

Then the service centre at Miele look at the hose, take it away, come back and tell me it needs to be shipped from Japan. A call later on then tells me I can go back to the store because they have one sitting there under the counter.

Finally Ikea who were going to deliver at 2pm call and tell me they will arrive at 6:30. It's about a 2-3 hour assembly job. Kids bedroom furniture so it's not going to start at 6:30. I informed them if they arrive later than 5pm I will not accept the delivery and they can return tomorrow. Poor lady tried to tell me I couldn't refuse the delivery.

All I need is one more little annoyance and I reckon I'll morph into Michael Douglas.

I empathise entirely. I've definitely had those days, especially when suppliers insist on doing things at their convenience instead of the customer's. When you've finished with the shotgun can I borrow it to go upstairs and visit the contractors who have been hammering and drilling every day for the last four weeks!
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 23rd Sep, '11, 11:09

Swap you.

Not only are we at 27 weeks with a leaking or holey ceiling, last night about 8.30pm the apartment started shaking.

Night roadworks, jackhammer, right outside our apartment. Had to take all the crockery off the shelves before it fell off, four floors up. Shook almost constantly for several hours. Cats were not impressed.

I think they're estimating 3 or 4 days, or rather nights, of work. Hoping they've done the worst already.

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 23rd Sep, '11, 11:32

I'm having a lovely day . Do have to ask Starhub why my phone isn't working later though
We are the TPF

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 23rd Sep, '11, 11:34

K - get house / cat sitter in for the weekend and decamp to The Westin!
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 23rd Sep, '11, 11:49

daffodil wrote:K - get house / cat sitter in for the weekend and decamp to The Westin!
That's a bloody good idea.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 23rd Sep, '11, 12:13

Not sure how it stands up to the rest of this, but I've got a professor who blabbers on and on and on - last night it was 3 hours and that's just way too much for being online and using web conferencing software :o Particularly when the software gets out of sync or whatever and delays and then you start hearing 2 or 3 people talking at once and only one of them is live -- the others are the catch-ups of what was delayed :roll: Hope I don't flip out before the beginning of Dec when the class (finally) ends!

Oh, and they're tearing up the house next to me as well - jackhammers, pounding, setting off house alarms (although why in the hell the alarm was set in the first place is a good question given there is NOTHING in the house :roll: ) you name it [smilie=23_3.gif]

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 23rd Sep, '11, 15:54

Well I WAS having a good day till I tried to connect the bloody sound bar. Why can't they write instructions in clear bloody English?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 23rd Sep, '11, 18:16

Chicks with technology? Never let the two meet unless the chicks go "wow" and drop their knickers.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 23rd Sep, '11, 18:32

Not sure a soundbar would be called technology.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 24th Sep, '11, 05:58

So chicks go wow and drop their knickers when they see your soundbar FB?
We are the TPF

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 24th Sep, '11, 07:44

Especially when it roared!

Poppy Appeal

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 24th Sep, '11, 09:04

Fat Bob wrote:Chicks with technology? Never let the two meet unless the chicks go "wow" and drop their knickers.
Yeah, unfortunately SD is an honourary chick as he's even worse than me.

Rosbif71
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Rosbif71 » 3rd Oct, '11, 11:53

had an ikea delivery scheduled for between 1-4pm on sunday and they turned up at 12.45. was pleasantly surprised even though it did disturb my relaxation by the pool

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 3rd Oct, '11, 12:23

Ah yes, that used to bug me almost as much as turning up with one minute left in the timeslot or not turning up at all. They'd ring up and say, we are outside! I'd say, good for you, you weren't due for at least....and I'm not home.

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 19th Oct, '11, 13:37

Well, I thought they were done with the demolition next door. Today it's been more jackhammers and now shattering glass [smilie=23_3.gif]