24 years in a cellar

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Tack
Too Much Time on my Hands

24 years in a cellar

Post by Tack » 29th Apr, '08, 18:49

Nobody's brought this up because it is just beyond comprehension and takes you to a very black place just trying to get your head round it, right?

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Re: 24 years in a cellar

Post by Burbage » 29th Apr, '08, 18:53

Austrian. 73 odd years old. 2008-73=1935, Hitler Youth.

Surprised it doesn't happen more often actually.

Such is the power of brainwashing children with nonsense.

Tack

Post by Tack » 29th Apr, '08, 18:57

But isn't that part of the worry...perhaps there are more...seems a certainty now whereas after Natasha Kampusch I'd have thought not.

TheD

Post by TheD » 29th Apr, '08, 18:58

Spot on Mr Burb

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 29th Apr, '08, 19:05

Burbage wrote:Austrian. 73 odd years old. 2008-73=1935, Hitler Youth.

Such is the power of brainwashing children with nonsense.
Is that a fact that he was in the Hitler Youth or are you just assuming this?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 29th Apr, '08, 19:30

So 4 years old when the war started and 10 years old when it finished, and he decided 40+ years after the war had finished he decides to imprison his kid....and you're trying to blame it on the Hitler Youth?

[smilie=rotflmao.gif]
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 29th Apr, '08, 19:50

Actually the minimum age was 15 I think to join the Hitler Youth, but there was an organisation below it where you could join at the age of 10. Maybe Burb mistook the Hitler Youth for the Hitler Kindergarden which you could join ealier [smilie=bowdown.gif]

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 29th Apr, '08, 19:58

Some people are just sickos. I doubt he needed any help from the Hitler Youth...

Evil git.
Life's too short...

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 29th Apr, '08, 20:26

BFG wrote:Some people are just sickos.

Evil git.
That about sums it up.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 29th Apr, '08, 22:05

Tack wrote:Nobody's brought this up because it is just beyond comprehension and takes you to a very black place just trying to get your head round it, right?
That's about right. I've been following it but not caught up with the news today - is his wife still saying she knew nothing?

Raffles
Mood: ?

Post by Raffles » 29th Apr, '08, 22:11

Burbage wrote:
Most probably does; wonder how many cases have yet to come to light? :( I am in no doubt there are many cases of abuse that have never been reported. :(

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 06:23

Whether it was the Hitler Youth or a similar organisation for younger children probably isn't moot.

This man spent his formative years, read easy brainwashing years, age 0-10 under the control of the Nazis, an organisation which was well aware of the power of brainwashing children. There were six and seven year olds who denounced theior own parents to the Nazis. There is a whole generation in Germany and Austria of this man's age who are seriously fucked up because of it. Many of them would of course have wised up, intelligent people cease to believe in nonsense as they get older, but those of lesser intelligence are likely to spend the rest of their lives believeing it. Religion also depends on this phenomenon.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Apr, '08, 07:47

I think you look too much into it, Burb, and have come out with an explanation a bit left-field. I mean, how did Fred West (b 1941) do similar things without the indoctrination of the Nazis? I'm sure there are plenty more out there too.

There are just some real sickos in this world. Either they know they are doing wrong and live life to "not get caught", or their mind is so twisted that they don't know they are doing wrong. In both cases, they need removing from society for a very long time. Longer than the rest of their lives.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 30th Apr, '08, 07:58

I thought about Fred West when I read about this one. Some people are simply evil. :(

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 08:08

Where did I say that Fred West was indoctrinated by the Nazis?

Sociopaths and psychopaths exist everywhere, and their psychological condition is generally a result of experiences they had before they turned twelve. In most cases these events have to occur against probablility, ie in societies where such behaviour is not tolerated. In Nazi Germany there was a state sponsored attempt to brainwash children into dehumanising the individual. So I would certainly say that that this kind of thing is more likely to occur with people brought up in that regime than with people brought up in Britain, for example. That doesn't mean it can't happen in Britain.

What I am saying is that it doesn't surprise me at all that it happens in Austria.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Apr, '08, 09:25

Burb, you are obviously not as bright as you think you are.

I was comparing the cases of the person in Austria who impriosoned and killed some of his children and grandchildren/children, and Fred West, who imprisoned several girls and also killed some of his children.

Is it at all possible that both are just sickos? If a sicko can be found in the UK with no Nazi brainwashing, then isn't is it also possible that the Nazi brainwashing was not actually a dominating factor in the case in Austria?

And I'm pretty sure that Hitler youth were not brought up to treat their children like this!

He's a sicko, and should be locked up for life and preferably not have anything he can hang himself with taken away.

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 09:34

This case has nothing to do with Fred West. It is not even similar. At all.

Psychologically the two men are completely different, though it is understandable that such a conclusion could be jumped to without thinking about it, or without the ability to think about it.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Apr, '08, 09:38

OK, you're right, this is a Nazi-brainwashed man and in actual fact, the Pope, anothing member of the Hitler Youth, also has several daughters locked up and is currently standing by waiting to be a father/grandfather yet again.

(Please note the sarcasm there. I don't think you're right, I think you're off your rocker on this one.)

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 10:07

You think I'm off my rocker all the time. But I'm not the one who's dribbling with anticipation waiting for a seven blade razor to be released.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Apr, '08, 10:17

So you are suggesting that someone who uses a razor with more blades than you do is off their rocker?

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 10:22

I'm not suggesting anything.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Apr, '08, 10:24

Yeah, there's no need to.

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 10:25

Exactly. These things are self-evident.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 30th Apr, '08, 10:49

It's pretty poor science to draw an unarguable conclusion without knowing all facts, dismissing all other evidence and debate that doesn't suit a persons theory after seeing a couple juicy headlines.

As for getting back to the main point of the story - just flabbergasting, and just impossible to believe that the wife didn't think it was odd that her husband popped off downstairs or would disappear for hours at a time
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Burbage
Part of the furniture

Post by Burbage » 30th Apr, '08, 11:15

The only "conclusion" I have made is that "I'm not surprised" that this doesn't happen more often with people who were educated by the Nazis. I think it's a fair bet to say that he was educated by the Nazis. I will admit I am making an assumption there.

It's unlikely that his actions were caused by Nazi indoctrination, on the other hand the Nazi philosophy that individualism was unimportant seems to have taken root here. This man has clearly seen his daughter as an object rather than a person.