& They Fiddled While Rome Burned

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

& They Fiddled While Rome Burned

Post by skank-la » 2nd Oct, '13, 05:38

"What is happening tonight is happening tonight because this is what Republicans want to do. This is what they promised to do. This tactic...is an end in and of itself, and that is why there's no talking them out of it. Elect Republicans and they will burn the place down."

--Rachel Maddow, speaking just before the government shutdown took effect.

Congressional Page Tweets
About every other House lawmaker I just talked to smelled like booze. It's only 9pm. Wheeee!

Don't forget thanks to the sequester we're all at an all time annual spending low. I can't wait for the "spin" the republicans will put on that of how it was their idea. They've done nothing to help, just to obstruct, nothing to enhance, just to stand in the way. Republicans are consumed with just trying to make this presidency unsuccessful. Tragic. So scared that a black man will be successful (because then anybody may be elected, lets say...a woman, or their worse fear a darker skinned black man). There I've said it before the end of his presidency. It's normally top secret, like the media never saying DURING the Bush/Cheney president that those two went to war in Iraq just to get the oil. ;-)

Country hijacked by 30 or so domestic terrorists masquerading as comgressmen & we have the nerve to lecture the rest of the world on 'democracy'
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Re: & They Fiddled While Rome Burned

Post by chocolate » 2nd Oct, '13, 08:17

Don't even get me started ! It is so ridiculous. A bunch of rich guys who can afford health insurance is happy to take its way from those who can't because god forbid they pay some more tax ! Over simplified a lot. But I'm right there with you skank !!
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 2nd Oct, '13, 22:47

I'm wondering why we have 800,000 non-essential government employees we can furlough, and yet that doesn't include the members of the House or Senate?
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

chocolate
Going Postal
Mood: tired

Post by chocolate » 2nd Oct, '13, 23:26

T2K - god forbid they don't get paid - then they wouldn't be able to pay for their health insurance :D
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 3rd Oct, '13, 13:50

T2K wrote:I'm wondering why we have 800,000 non-essential government employees we can furlough, and yet that doesn't include the members of the House or Senate?
so true!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 3rd Oct, '13, 15:18

I do remember hearing something that really gives you an insight:

The more educated a group becomes, the less likely they are to believe in organised religion.

Therefore, as almost every American politician believes in religion, they must not be educated. Or they must be lying!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 3rd Oct, '13, 16:48

T2K wrote:I'm wondering why we have 800,000 non-essential government employees we can furlough, and yet that doesn't include the members of the House or Senate?
Boy, that's a fair question :lol:

However, I have a friend who works for the FAA & he is getting furloughed. While he's something (not entirely sure what) other than an air traffic controller these days, it still sounds a bit scary to furlough people in the FAA.

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 4th Oct, '13, 10:11

As only the Daily show can....

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!