Some interesting charts

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Bender
I post here professionally

Some interesting charts

Post by Bender » 11th Aug, '10, 13:41

I've been looking through the slides and notes from a recent Council for Economic Development forum, and there's some interesting stuff in there. It's not all directly related to housing. Have a look at the slides, but make sure you read through the notes at the same time.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Re: Some interesting charts

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 11th Aug, '10, 14:09

[smilie=party0011.gif] [smilie=party0011.gif] USA #1* [smilie=party0011.gif] [smilie=party0011.gif]

* mental illness, infant mortality, adult obesity, homicide rates, imprisonment rates, health and societal problems.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 11th Aug, '10, 16:36

And also #1 in "National Income per Person" too. USA #1 BABY!

Those are some jokey charts. Every one of them shows us that "Income equality" is good. OK, thanks Karl Marx. Chairman Mao is waiting to pick you up out back. Next please...

Singapore, unpleasant and chaotic hellhole that it is, is rated even higher on this mysterious metric than the US, sadly. We'll have to work on that.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Bender
I post here professionally

Post by Bender » 12th Aug, '10, 13:21

I've concluded that the Finns are well-educated and innovative murderers who are clever enough to avoid being imprisoned.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 12th Aug, '10, 14:20

Bender wrote:I've concluded that the Finns are well-educated and innovative murderers who are clever enough to avoid being imprisoned.
But not clever enough to avoid living in Finland.