US Dollar

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

US Dollar

Post by Joseph27 » 10th Dec, '10, 11:15

So whats happening - for those who see currencies go through typical cycles - is it still worth leaving your USD investments sit or is it worth totally liquifying everything asap and swapping to other non USD investments even if you have to take early exit fee costs? Its an ongoing conversation I've been having but there seems to be a few smart cookies floating around whose opinion is always interesting to read?

So whats the next step - have the dominos already started to fall in the steps taken to replace the USD as the reserve currency of the world or is there some way to salavage this and keep the system going for at least a little whilst longer?
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Re: US Dollar

Post by canuck » 10th Dec, '10, 11:25

[smilie=rotflmao.gif] singaporum investment advice ;)

Snaffled
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Hooray

Post by Snaffled » 10th Dec, '10, 11:32

The whole replacing the US$ panic has been going on since the '70s. People seem to have absolutely no concept of perspective.
Why would you sell US$ while they are at their lowest in a long long time? Panic? Fear?
Wouldn't it make more sense to sell Aud$ now while it is high?

I like Warren Buffet's take on investment... Be fearful when everyone else is being greedy and be greedy while everyone else is being fearful. My advice, don't sell.
If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking?

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 10th Dec, '10, 11:51

Actually I killed my US investments some years ago - I am now more interested in seeing what becomes of the state of the US economy given global depence on them.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 10th Dec, '10, 16:38

I don't like the US Dollar as you can't put it in an oven and make shrinkies with it. It just catches on fire and burns up. :P
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 11th Dec, '10, 02:29

In terms of OZ-US business the current state of affairs has been a full on boom for me

We have 3 major OZ based business partners who generally have used us an inventory backup when goods are out of stock in the OZ market.

Because of the High AU$ & low US$ they are now parallel importing pallet loads of goods from us.
Its CISC0/HP so pallets can easily be worth over $100K ea.

So I leave you to work out who benefits when US Disty's undersell Australian Disty's for products made
Generally in China or other parts of Asia (High end HP still made in SG) for a US based Global Corp.
Last edited by skank-la on 11th Dec, '10, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!