River Murray Petition

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Fuzz
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: bloody marvellous

River Murray Petition

Post by Fuzz » 19th Feb, '08, 07:06

Folks,

I don't know whether I should post this in the local forum or here, but I thought the expat Aussies living outside Australia may want to participate as well. I don't normally forward petitions, but this seems genuine to me. They intend to present the signatures to the federal parliament on March 1.

River Murray is badly managed at the moment - with cotton growers (how could you grow cottons in the driest continent on earth!) [smilie=23_3.gif] and other industries hoarding the water entitlement, letting the mouth of the river silting and dying.

So far, only about 7,100 signatures are captured - their goal is to reach 1,000,000 signatures.

Cheers!

++++++

Hi All

They need 100,000 – 1,000,000 people signing the petition on-line (see below) to make the government to take notice. It only takes a moment. If you can get some of your friends to do this – that will also help.

"We're really concerned with what's happening to this beautiful waterway and lack of future water security issues, take serious action NOW because it's a national shame and tragedy".

As you've signed the petition we're asking that you encourage 10 people or more you know to do the same. They can be family, friends, work mates, school mates...anyone. The government won't take this seriously unless we the people collectively let them know that all the money that's being collected through GST and alike is also allocated to one of Australia's most precious and important Australian resources.

I know that sometimes it's difficult to ask people to sign petitions but in this case it's for the good of us all and our future. As you know it only takes a couple of minutes so please email all the people you know and lets change the course of the country's future through unified voices rather than face the dire consequences.”

http://rivermurray.com/html/petition/on ... ition.html

Thanks

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Re: River Murray Petition

Post by Morrolan » 19th Feb, '08, 08:05

sensible cause.which will mean that it'll be ignored. [smilie=hunter.gif]

sluggo
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: pretty damn good

Post by sluggo » 19th Feb, '08, 14:11

[smilie=hunter.gif] I have a problem with this smilie, its obviously a double barrel shot gun but he shots 4 times. [smilie=wtf.gif]
I guess we're not in Kansas anymore.

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 19th Feb, '08, 16:06

sluggo wrote:[smilie=hunter.gif] I have a problem with this smilie, its obviously a double barrel shot gun but he shots 4 times. [smilie=wtf.gif]
Do try to concentarte on the job in hand, Sluggy old man. There's a poppette....

Now, back to Murray's river. Or whatever...
Life's too short...